1 | Declutter & Organize
- Time to purge all those old clothes! Donate or trash any old items you don’t use anymore.
- Clear off surfaces such as, kitchen countertops, nightstands, coffee tables, dressers, etc.
- Align items in your bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- Organize your closet! A good rule of thumb – you should be able to fit two fingers in between each hanger.
2 | Unpersonalize
- It may be hard to do, but removing pictures and other items specific to your family will give your home a clean slate.
- Remove or replace built-in items that you plan to take with you.
3 | Clean Inside & Spruce Outside
- Deep clean your home! Vacuum daily and don’t forget to wax wood floors and steam your carpets.
- Dust those hard to reach areas, as well as furniture and any light fixtures.
- Consider re-caulking around the tub and sink and polish the metals.
- Make sure to maintain your lawn by mowing it weekly.
- Clean your windows and pressure wash the exterior.
- Trim any shrubbery and consider adding some colorful flowers!
4 | Repair
- Have any lime green walls? It’s time to paint those loud colored rooms a neutral color.
- Address any creaking doors, drawers that jam and fix any leaky faucets.