Protecting Your Largest Investment
Title insurance is a charge which protects your investment against loss arising from flaws and defects already existing in the title for as long as you or your heirs own the property.
Title insuring begins with a search and examination of the public land records for matters affecting the title to your real estate. Over the years a home and the land that it sits on may go through several ownership changes.
This history of ownership is referred to as the “chain of title.”
Because people are involved in recording deed transfers and plotting land parcels, there are opportunities for mistakes. Problems with the title can limit your use and enjoyment of the property, as well as bring financial loss. Title searches help to uncover these errors before a piece of property changes hands. Title clearing and remediation is a large part of what title insurers do.
Key Security Procedures
When choosing a title company to handle your closing, it’s important to know how your title company manages its escrow funds and that you feel confident in the company’s financial controls. Below are key components to our financial security and why you can TRUST First Integrity Title Company.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance policy – $5,000,000
- Fidelity bond policy – $3,000,000
- Data breach policy – $1,000,000
- Social engineering/wire fraud policy – $500,000
- Dual authorization on all wire transactions
- Daily reconciliation of escrow accounts
- Confirmation procedures on all wires to ensure proper payoffs
- Financially secure underwriters with superior ratings
- Routine and successful audits by all underwriters